The Gerilyn Gianna Design wedding team is often asked if we recommend hiring a planner to help coordinate your wedding – this is an important decision, so we have compiled a list with the top five reasons hiring a wedding or event planner is a great choice…
1. Professional Pros: Planning a wedding or event can be a full time job. From researching vendors, taking care of the details, and coming up with creative ideas to make your celebration amazing, a planner will save you hours of legwork. A professional keeps you updated, makes detailed itineraries for all involved, including other vendors, and assures you that everything will happen on time and on schedule. They will flawlessly execute your event. For those with the thought that “time is money”, this is essential as you can be off using your time in more valuable ways.
2. Expert advice: Your planner channels your tastes, taking into consideration your style and personality. They make sure that your event day surpasses all expectations and turn your dreams into a reality, and can offer etiquette and ideas along the way. It’s always good to have an expert on your side. Honestly, you would have an expert in your life for any other major decision right?
3. Vendor Loyalty: Great planners have built outstanding relationships with vendors in all categories. In turn, vendors want to work with these planners because they know the event is going to run smoothly. You are assured to get the best prices from the finest, most reliable vendors who love working with your planner. Bottom line, pick a good planner, and you will have a great team behind them.
4. Just In Case: A planner is educated in handling situations that involve any unforeseen circumstances relating to your event day with grace and ease. Their goal is to go above and beyond and to devise solutions to make your day perfect, no matter what it takes. And most of the time, they do this with out you even knowing the problem. And trust us, problems will come.
5. In the Know: A savvy (experienced) planner with keep up with all the latest industry trends and stay ahead of the curve. They have the ability to suggest out of the box ideas that will add personalization and a wow factor to your event.
A few closing thoughts. I’m going to be honest about my personal situation. When I got married, I was already an established event planner and florist. But when I was looking at venues, I was over whelmed with the sales people saying they were the planners and they would “take care of it” for me. So, to my mistake, when we had choosen a hotel (4 star on the ocean in Palm Beach) and they said they would take care of planning my wedding with me, I didn’t hire a planner of my own. Biggest mistake of my wedding. Let’s say this, not only did they not help us plan it but they tried to sell all their services to us the whole time only thinking abou their bottom line. And on the wedding day, the “planner” was no where to be found. As a matter of fact, she was selling another couple on the hotel during my wedding. Bottom line is this, be aware of sales professionals from venues who call themselves event planners. They are not. A true wedding event planner encompasses all five from the list above.
My recommendation: Hire a planner. If you can’t afford it, hire one just for the day of the wedding and you plan it. At least they can run it for you.
What is your thought on this? I’d love to hear your comments???